Life's a journey, not a destination.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Change, change, change

This really is the year of big changes!

One of the changes I am making is my hair. I have grown it out since 2005/2006. I have had hair trims since then, but not an actual cut. Over the past year and a half, I have cut 3 inches off each time I have gone to get my hair done. Since I don’t go that often, it has been 9 inches in that time.

Goodness! If you can imagine what my hair is like now, just imagine 9 more inches added on! It would be way too long!

About 5 weeks ago, I set up my hair appointment for this month, hoping I could get in before our pictures were taken last Friday. Unfortunately, I could not, so the date is tomorrow.

Dun, dun dun!

I look forward to it so much. I’m not cutting off 3 inches this time. But about 6-8, depending on everything. I love the length it is at (most times), I just cannot curl it anymore and expect it to stay. Or when I do attempt to use the curlers to curl it, the curlers will pop out because it becomes thicker when wrapped around the curlers. And that was something I used to enjoy doing- curling my hair.

Normally, I am apprehensive when I do anything with my hair- have been for the past 6 years. But for the first time in these 6 years, I am fully looking forward to this. I have toyed with the possibility of going even shorter, but I think a gradual change is needed first.

I wore this headband in my hair today. It’s a very thin one that I normally wear when I either have my hair half up, or in a braid. Today, it was all down. I’ve taken it out twice today, because sometimes the back of my hair would come out of it. When I took it out a bit ago to get ready for bed, I came across this huge, huge, huge knot. Or several knots. The headband couldn’t come out because of the knots. At first, I was worried that I wouldn’t get the knots out without breaking more hair. I started slowly running my brush through my hair, working the tangles. It didn’t take long, but they did come out eventually. As I was doing that, I thought to myself, “Yet another reason why I am so glad that I am cutting it tomorrow.”

The tangles are getting bad. I use conditioner, but it doesn’t seem to help that much right when I get out of the shower. So hopefully after tomorrow, it will be better! Can’t wait to show you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment