Life's a journey, not a destination.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Headache City

I started out about 6 years ago with a nasty headache every so often. I can remember one particular time that it was literally on one half of my head. Over the years, the headaches began coming monthly. I attributed it to a surge in hormones. I have read that it can trigger headaches.

When these headaches would start, it was a dull ache. Over the past few years, I have recognized the signs and to take something right away if it was available. If not, the headache would become a horrible pounding. I would get nauseated, but not sick. Whenever these headaches occur, all I want to do is sleep. Usually, sleep will knock out most of the pain.

I remember a hot, sunny day last October, and I got the start of a headache. I attributed it to being I. The sunny weather, and drank as much water as I could. I didn't have anything on me to take for my headache, so I just took on the pain. I was camping with my family that weekend, and had to drive 2 hours by myself that night to get home. It was so bad that I prayed that I got home safely.

I can usually predict when the next headache will occur. Like clockwork, it has been pretty regular. Last month, I noticed I did not get one at the regular time. So I was doing a happy dance on the inside, celebrating the fact that I didn't have a headache.

I spoke too soon. Not only did I get one within day's of me noticing, I also got 3 more. Plus nausea with it. Those 4 days were awful.

So, then last week, I ended November with a nasty headache and started December with one. This time, dizziness accompanied the headaches. I finally decided I needed to call the doctor to make an appointment. C asked what took me so long. I was hopeful that I could take care of them on my own. But I can't anymore. It's affecting my life.

Yesterday was the latest headache. I was fine until 6 last night and then BAM! It knocked into me, made me feel funny, get dizzy, and have nausea. I felt like I could collapse at any given moment.

I've had a couple of nights where I wish I didn't live alone. Last night being one of them. I was scared that something would happen to me. I called C and cried on the phone to him , because I was so scared. Eventually, I calmed down. We talked about things, kind of took my mind off if it. When we got off the phone, I fought the nausea/dizziness, rolled over and fell asleep until 5 this morning.

I am scared. It's hard not to be when the headaches are getting worse. But hopefully I have some answers Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment