Life's a journey, not a destination.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

An update...

When I haven't done any good baking in awhile or even Zentangling, I start getting urges to do it. Maybe because those two things help soothe/calm/relax me. Maybe because they are a part of me, and I am a part of them.

I thoroughly enjoy cooking and baking and drawing Zentagles. One of my goals is to do more of both of those. I don't care if I have to do a little zentangling each day. I ended up ordering a new Zentangle book today, plus a raw art journaling book, and some keurig k-cups.

With Zentangles, I can shut the world out and just do my own thing for awhile. I actually started working on a birthday card for my mom tonight. It's almost finished, I just have to add some more touches to it. It's not fancy, but the fact that I made it and I know that she enjoys looking at Zentangles, is what it is all about. She has already asked if she can frame it.

Another goal I am setting for myself is to start working out again. I don't know how it happened, but I have become more sedentary than I like. Occasionally, I might have fast food. But it's rare. I just am way less active, and I don't like it. While I try not to use this word, I am throwing it out there. I am putting myself on a diet. There. I said it. The entire phrase and word.

I bought a Zumba dance game for the Wii for my mom, sis, and I to use. I started it tonight, and oh my goodness! It is intense. But I really enjoyed it, so I can tell that it will be beneficial to me.

This was a huge ramble, but some of what has been on my mind lately. :) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment