Life's a journey, not a destination.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

No Negativity Here

We have had a lot of snow this winter. A LOT. It seems that it has occurred every week from the beginning of January until now. The joke in my family a couple of weeks ago is that it was my fault, since we had a snowflake tablecloth on our dining room table from Dec. 27th until about 2 weeks ago when I took it off. Ever since then, we had the majority of snow then. Then, we got another round of snow, and I told them all it was not my fault, since the table cloth was already off the table. :)

A lot of people are sick of the snow, of the nasty cold temperatures we have had, sick of not seeing the sun numerous days. It's caused havoc everywhere. But I refuse to think negatively about it. A person can't. There isn't anything we can do about the weather, it comes and goes as it pleases. There is a reason for it to happen, and God knows the reason why he gave us all the snow.

That brings me to another thing not to be negative about.

When we bought our house in August, within 3 days of moving in, our unfinished basement had water coming through the drain. A lot. So C and my Dad plugged it, and we went on our merry way. Until last Wednesday morning. I was in the shower, and C told me to get out, because we had water in the basement. It came from the toilet in the finished part of the basement, flooding that room, which is also our laundry room. It seeped out to the carpet in the adjoining room. We think that flooded because the drain in the unfinished part was plugged, and it had no where else to go. So, a man came out and snaked the drain, basically. There is a shrub right next to the house, and it is the reason for the drain backing up. There are roots from that shrub growing into the pipe. So, it was fixed.

Then, on Saturday, it happened again, this time it wasn't clean water. Nasty, I know. And this time, it was only in the unfinished basement part. The man who fixed it last week came back out and fixed the drain, yanking out several shrub roots. I was really sick that day (because of the meds I am taking), so I spent a lot of time in bed. But C told me that they found lots of roots. The man said he would keep coming back out until we get it fixed permanently this Spring.

I told my sister that the shrub and several next to it are going bye-bye, and that I will plant flowers in their honor.

It happened for a reason. I can't think negatively about it. I can't say, "What else could go wrong?" Because it's life, and things like this happen.

29 days until Spring. I am ready for warmer weather, for creating my garden, and the lots of around-the-house projects that await us. They include: installing patio doors in our dining room and taking out the double windows, closing up the door in the kitchen (because the patio doors will be the entry way now), taking out the shrubs, and other various outside projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment