Life's a journey, not a destination.

Friday, June 6, 2014

When Life Gives Ya Lemons...

I finally have some answers regarding my health issues. Last month, the neurologist finally realized that it wasn't all migraine-related. Numbness, tingly feelings, warm sensations in my body, as well as swelling, my hands starting to hurt more, my feet feeling like lead in the morning (and sometimes shuffling when I walk) as well as my toes hurting at times- that is not migraine related. So after having my blood drawn for tests such as lupus, RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and an ANA test, I finally got some answers yesterday.

I did a nerve test first. Well, 2, in fact. Man those hurt! I had my hand hooked up to a machine, to test my carpel nerve. I was hoping that I had no nerve damage, but it might have explained why I sometimes can't feel 100% in the last 2 fingers of either hand. Everything looked good, a little tennis elbow in my left arm, and some wear and tear in my right (due to being right-handed).

So then the neurologist says, "It all looks good. I will see you back here in 3 months." So I said, "what about my lab results with the blood tests?" Then she looked at the results, and said, "Your results look good. No lupus, no RA, your ANA test came back negative." As she is looking over the results, I was already thinking I would need a second opinion- because I knew, just knew, something was there. Then she was flipping from page 2 to page 3, then back to page 2, and back again. I knew she had seen something. So she says, "They decided to do another ANA test, and it came back high. You need to see a rheumatologist." The ANA test was to determine if I have any inflammatory in my body. Really high is in the 600's. Mine was 330, which is still high. It could be nothing, or it could be something. I believe it is something, given the way I have seen my body change since February. My rheumatology appointment is in a few weeks, so I will have a little more answers even then.

No comments:

Post a Comment