Life's a journey, not a destination.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yum!

That is all I have to say.

I have been craving chocolate chip cookies for almost a week now. We just got back Friday evening, and have gotten only a few necessities from the grocery store. I decided tonight that I wanted chocolate chip cookies, but we had no eggs.

What was I to do??

I looked online (thank goodness for the Internet!), and found a recipe for eggless chocolate chip cookies. They are great! Even C likes them (he was eating the batter with a spoon a bit ago).

Even though it's almost the end of June, for over a week now, I have been thinking it should really be July by now. It has been a busy summer. Things are slowing down a little, but not by much. My summer class ends in 2 weeks, art camp is over on Friday, and C and I have finally moved in together.

But, wait! That's not all!

(I feel like the announcer dude on the Price Is Right)

"Tell them what else they have won, Bob."

Alright, so get this.

I have 4 training sessions between mid July and early August that I will be doing for school.
I need to get back into my classroom, to get everything ready for the coming year.
I need to re-work some units, add to others for this coming year.
I need to get every unit ready so that I can begin to upload it to my lesson planner.
I have decided to open some of my Zentangle pieces for the upcoming fair, so I need to go through those and decide which ones to put in, and then frame them.
AND...
We found a house to rent! Oh happy day! (More on that in a minute)
So this means I *we* need to pack...again.

The move home from Virginia went well! Very minor things happened that someday we can look back on and laugh- stories to tell our children. Although, driving a Uhaul pulling a car behind with a tow dolly is not fun at all. I felt like we were at a rock concert at times because we were head bangin' so much. The mountains weren't so bad- there were times I was nervous, but I knew that C would get us out of there safely.

We got back Friday night, and had an appointment to go look at a house we have been talking about for about a week. A family bought the house (which was a foreclosed home) and is fixing it up. I'm talking, pretty much everything is new. The kitchen will be awesome when it is done- bigger than what we have now.  More space, which is what we need. I want this place to be both of ours- not just all of my stuff in one place.  It really is a great house for a great price, and I can't wait until we move in August 1st.

I need to finish baking my cookies before C eats all the batter. :D I kid, he stopped eating it awhile ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment