Life's a journey, not a destination.

Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23rd, 2010

I am going back in time to a night 2 years ago.

A night that holds a special place in my relationship, in my heart, and in my mind forever.

DB and I were talking on the phone that night. He was in a hotel (I thought in Singapore?), having to check out in a bit to get back to the ship. It was 9:45 PM-my time, meaning it was 11:45 AM-his time. At 9:50, he realized he needed to go, and it got really hard.

I started crying, and he started babbling about where he was going next, when we would talk again, etc. He had never done that before, so I knew how much it affected him as well. I knew I had to tell him, couldn't let this moment slip by me. And then, I blurted out, "I love you." He replied, "I love you, too." I can't remember what else we said in those few precious moments, but that much will always stay with me.

He says that it technically doesn't count as today, because it's not the 24th yet. I told him he was wrong, it was today for me. :)

So, while it hasn't always been a bed of roses, it has been a memorable 3 years, 5 months. and 9 days of being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment