Life's a journey, not a destination.

Monday, February 28, 2011

C25K!

(Couch to 5K)

It's a program that I heard about a few months ago, but really didn't pay much attention to it until January. I purchased an App for it on my iTouch, but then didn't use it. Until tonight. It's set up so that my music playlits will play as I run. And speaking of running, I start out at a brisk walk for a 5-minute warm-up, and then I run for 60 seconds, walk for 90, and repeat that for 20 minutes. Then I have another 5-minute cool down, and I am finished. As I progress through the 9 week program, it will gradually intensify.

I honestly enjoyed it tonight. I have a few goals of where I want to be in just a few months time, including running a 5k. After I have mastered that, then I want to run a 10k, then a mini, and eventually a marathon. Running a marathon has been something I have told myself every year, "I am going to do that this year!" Now, I actually will. After running, I came home and did some strength training on the Wii.

I aced my two quizzes tonight for one of my two online classes. I had a rough week last week where I didn't do as stellar as every other chapter quiz I have taken. I was disappointed in myself, beating myself up over it. I usually take the quiz right after I finish reading the chapter, but this time I waited a few days, and by then I didn't remember the material completely. So it is my own fault, but I was still frustrated with myself.

I'm going to end this post here, considering I want to do a photo post in a second. I didn't want to include it in this post. Lame ending, I know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment