Life's a journey, not a destination.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Love This Photo

I absolutely enjoy this photo. Every time I look at it, I smile. I took it back in April of 2009, on the day before Good Friday, to be exact. I was in Washington D.C., with C's mother. We we were walking around the White House block, and came across pots of tulips. My smaller digital camera has a setting where I can accent colors, devoiding the picture of other colors. That's what I did with these tulips. That is the exact color of them. I someday want to get a larger size of this printed to hang in my house.

I remember that trip like it was yesterday. We drove down to Washington D.C. first, spent a night there before driving down to where C was at, at the time. It's where he's headed back to in just a few short months. I do look forward to going back to Washington D.C., as I love it out there. I love where he's headed, too. What's funny about that trip is that the day we drove down to meet him on Good Friday, it was so warm and nice out. And then the next 3 days it was so cold! It was like we had never left this state during that time.

Pictures like this, though, are what remind me that I need to continue taking photographs, continue editing them. It is something that I enjoy doing- capturing moments in time, and then playing around with Photoshop.

3 comments:

  1. That picture is awesome! I wish my camera took shots like that!
    Washington D.C. isn't that far from Ohio (or Michigan) and yet I've never been there. I had a sad childhood, I guess lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I was adventurous until I hit my twenties. But think, now you ARE seeing another part of the country. :)

    I have a Canon Powershot that I got in 2008, and I love the pictures that it takes. I have never been disappointed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is true! Although I don't know how much it counts to be seeing the country when I'm in Ohio only 4 hours from my homestate lol.

    ReplyDelete