Life's a journey, not a destination.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Goals

I recently read a blog of a friend of mine, someone I met a couple of years ago. She is an amazing woman, and I always admire her for how she lives her life. With poise, grace, strength, and courage. She is a fellow baker like myself, but she does so much more with it when she bakes. I always enjoy reading what she bakes or cooks when I see it on Facebook. We have a lot of similarities, and I have known for a couple of years now that we would be good frineds.

(In case you were wondering, I still am good about not getting on there right now. :) )

When I read her blog the other day, I read a post that was from a couple of months ago, where she had goals for herself she wants to accomplish this year. And it got me thinking of what I want to do for the remainder of this year, and the coming years.

While I don't have my list formulated yet, I do have two goals in mind for sometime in the future. One hopefully in the near future, and one just in the future. The first one would be taking a baking class with her. We've talked about doing a cupcake bake thing (those are popular now, and it interests both of us). Hopefully that happens in the next few months.

The other has to do with zentangles. I do a little zentangling each night now. It's after everything else in my days are completed. Last night, since it was Friday night, I did about 2-3 hours worth, I think. I can't remember because I lost track of time. You all have heard me talk before about zentangles. I cannot sing the praises  enough of whoever came up with this wonderful art media. I really enjoy it. Sometimes, I don't even do it because I'm stressed out. One of the things I like about it is that anyone-at any age- can do this. I have had middle school students come to me, and say they were amazed that I could draw that good. And then I tell them, "The awesome thing is- you can, too!" See, a lot of us have this ingrained notion that because we can't draw people or objects, then we can't draw good at all. That is the most common thing I hear a lot of. I don't claim to be the most amazing artist when it comes to drawing. I have learned through the art classes that I have taken that I can draw, even though it's not the most amazing drawing ever.

That's not being negative, I'm really okay with where I am when it comes to drawing people or objects. I know it's not my strong point- but it doesn't mean that I can't do other drawings. Like zentangles. I can do that kind of drawing. I've picked up a few books from Amazon.com, because I did want to know more about it. I've looked at images via Google,  because I wanted to see what others have created. It's mesmorizing to me. And it's also a beautiful thing. If you are still in the dark about zentangles, I recommend googling it, and clicking on images. Or http://www.zentangle.com/. That is the official website.

I always read about people becoming CZT's (Certified Zentangle Teachers). I want to become one. I want to attend a 4 day seminar on zentangles, become certified, and take what I have been taught and bring it back here so others can enjoy it (because it ties into another goal of mine in the future). That is a goal of mine. It's expensive, but worth it. However, it's just going to have to wait until I have a job again. I know I'll eventually be able to go to a seminar and become certified. In the meantime, I will share with you all my work as I finish them.

Enjoy your weekend! When not working on a couple of huge projects, I know I'll zentangle some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment