Life's a journey, not a destination.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A new feature…

So I discovered this new feature on my laptop. Or rather, it’s been there since I bought it in August, but am just now playing with it. First off, let me say that I love my new laptop. I purchased my first one in 2007, and it was kind of slow. I didn’t bog it down with unnecessary things. It just wasn’t like the one I have now. By last June, I knew I was going to have to replace it. I’d look at laptops, see what I wanted, and then I’d weigh the options. I did that all Summer.

In early August, I was working on my laptop one morning and the screen went black. No warning or anything. So there I was, on my iPod, messaging C’s best friend, to see if he could help me. He told me that I should be able to hook an external monitor up to it. There was a key I had to push and he listed a couple of different keys to try. I finally figured it out, and had it set up. In the meantime, I had already ordered a new laptop via my iPod. I like my iPod, but not to be used as a laptop.

So, it arrived, and I was so excited to set it up. I’ve honestly never had any problems with this one (although, it updates just about every day, which took some getting used to for me). I like how fast it is, I like how organized it is (I’m an organizational person), I like the features on it. I got a built-in web-cam with it, so that C and I could Skype.

That was a huge difference! Before, I used an external web-cam, which was kind of annoying. It’d fall off the laptop screen. The quality wasn’t the greatest. Skype in general would have a lot of problems, such as not letting me on, kicking me off when we were in the middle of talking, etc. When I tried Skype on the new laptop- wow! I was amazed that it actually worked, the camera was great, and there were no problems on my end.

Okay, so I just rambled my story. I always tell C that I take a round-about way to get to the point of my story. Open-mouthed smile Anyways, one of the features on my new laptop is being able to blog straight from the computer- not logging onto another website. I knew the feature existed on my laptop, as I’ve seen it before. But I never thought much of it. Until I scrolled over it by accident this morning. I clicked on it, thinking it wanted me to create a new page. One of the features of that program is that I could just type in my webpage that you all see, my password, and username, and it would do the rest. So here I am, blogging straight from my computer and didn’t have to log into Blogger to do it.

I like it! I can still add pictures, Hyperlinks, vids (if I chose to upload a video), and even edit my font type from here as well. I just learned something new today! Aren’t you so proud of me? Open-mouthed smile 

 

Until next time,

-Courtney-

No comments:

Post a Comment