Life's a journey, not a destination.

Monday, June 6, 2011

It’s 11:11

And I did just make a wish. Smile A very important one!

I got my SUV today! I am so glad I got it! C’s father said earlier that I was glowing, and I still am, hours later.

My bedroom furniture came today! So excited about that! It looks so nice, and I can’t wait to unpack it all in the new place. My desk arrived last Wednesday, and I picked up my entertainment center on Friday. The only things that came put together are my night stands and the dresser. Everything else (including the desk and entertainment center) need to be put together.

My coffee and end tables will be arriving next week. I don’t know if they come pre-assembled or not.

I purchased a Keurig, a stand mixer (it’s not KitchenAid, but I’m still excited about it), silverware, drinkware, Corelle dinnerware (love the colors I picked out), and some decorative stuff. I know I am missing things, but as soon as I unpack it all, I will know what it is.

I have so many boxes that it will be like unearthing new treasures after each opened box. I am really excited about my kitchen stuff, because I love kitchen gadgets.

I packed some more tonight. Well, about 8 boxes worth. The vast majority of it was clothes and shoes. Towards the end, it was some office items. For awhile, I felt like I was making progress, but not at the same time. Now I feel like I’ve made a lot of progress. I’ve decided that once I get into my new place- the things that I am not wearing anymore-shoes included- will be given away.

I have my first house plant, too. Well, our first house plant. It’s a Peace Lily that was at C’s Grandmother’s funeral. I was told to pick out something since he doesn’t have space for it right now. I told him to pick out something and he had no clue. So I picked out the Peace Lily, and he didn’t even know that was a Peace Lily. Smile It will be nice to transfer to our new place someday.

Everyone keeps asking me when we are getting engaged. I really don’t have an idea. We had to get him some dress clothes for the funeral when he came home and my sister texted me that he should just purchase a ring while there. I laughed and showed C, and he laughed, too. Whenever he decides to do it is when it will happen! Smile

I need to head to bed. I want to be up early so I can work on my classes, then work on lesson plans. I’m trying to stick to a schedule. So many hours of homework, so many hours of lesson plans, so many hours of packing. Usually I am good about sticking to schedules once I have one going, so I know this won’t be a problem.

Have a great night/day!

No comments:

Post a Comment