Life's a journey, not a destination.

Monday, June 20, 2011

What Was I Thinking??

It’s no secret that I am back in school. I had a great first semester out of the gate. I’ve been so worried about school since May. And I’ve been worried about getting things ready for my upcoming school year.

So worried that I ended up dropping one of the 3 classes I signed up for in May, for this first summer session. That, and I really want to give that class my undivided attention, so when I take it next summer, I will have that.

At the moment, I am currently shaking my head and wondering how I’ll finish both of my first summer session classes and then move right into my 2 second summer classes.

The one class alone is overwhelming. I feel like I’m not getting it- probably because it is a self-guided course. Meaning, I have the binder of material to read, and that’s it. Nothing else. I feel lost. I feel confused. I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing.

I keep telling myself, “Oh, you can do this. You have time to focus on that, to focus on lesson planning, and to pack.” But in reality, the classes are overwhelming me. The one I can get, because it’s online, and guided by the teacher. I feel like with this other class, I feel like I am missing a lot.

I move in 11 days. I’m supposed to go to an art workshop 10 days after that. I really just need to breathe and keep telling myself that I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment