Life's a journey, not a destination.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Free To A Good Home

Along my many organizational projects, I am going through the books I have bought over the years. So far, I'm getting rid of 2 boxes of books. They aren't getting thrown out, but if anyone wants them, have at it. I'm an avid reader, but I thought it would be harder to part with them. I can remember when I was a few years younger thinking that I'd re-read them over and over again. Only the ones that I really enjoyed have been read again. As long as someone else gets enjoyment out of reading them, that's all that matters.

I am cutting down on a lot of things that I don't need. It's just not necessary to have so much. One of the things that I do know I have a lot of is sunglasses. Mainly because I lose a pair, buy a pair, find the original pair, lose both, buy another pair, find them, etc. It continues. To now where I probably have close to ten pairs- since going back to contacts in 2006. Luckily, I never spend more than just a few dollars on sunglasses, but still. There is no need to have that many pairs.

Next up: going through all my art supplies. I have to be careful with some of that stuff, because it is toxic. Which is why it's in sealed totes. I know that my photography stuff is in a tote. Such as the brown jug that I kept on hand for when I had to mix the chemicals for my black and white photography class. Although, I think the one brown jug that I have left has never been used. I do recall disposing of the other jug, with it's chemicals in a very proper way. I did have my turpenoid for painting in a container. I've always been told that when it was time to get rid of that, to saturate the mixture of turpenoid and oil with cloth or lots of paper towels. And that is just what I did. I put so many paper towels in there in order to get it all soaked. Then I wrapped duct tape around the lid to seal it in, and wrapped it in many plastic bags. I also wrote on the container before it went in the plastic bags that it was toxic. Again, it was properly disposed of.

I lead such an exciting life, I know! But it's things that need to be done AND it's keeping me busy. While doing all that, though, I keep thinking of May, of things I need to do before May gets here. I need to start a list, but for now it's all in my head. One of the things that is definitely on my list is having a poster made. There is a website that I have found that allows for a free poster, all I need to do is pay shipping and handling (which is less than $10). I'm trying to decide what picture to use, but I'll figure that out in just a few short days. I already mentioned the idea to C's parents, and they thought it was a good idea. What I am going to do is order the poster soon, have it here before May so that people can sign it. I thought it would be a nice touch for him. It is one of the things I am most excited about, to do for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment