Life's a journey, not a destination.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Second day of Lent!

I woke up yesterday morning feeling energized and ready to start this Lenten season. As most of you know, I gave up sweets, but then decided to not just stop there and give up all junk food as well. I also gave up Facebook. Unfortunately, I could not give up the Internet entirely, because I submit a lot of projects via Blackboard for my classes online. It's the only form my professor will accept them in.

But I got off topic. Anyways, Mass yesterday was all about giving up the indulgences that we have in our lives. For me, Facebook is an indulgence. Same as junk food and sweets. Not only that, but my Priest talked about bettering our lives, organizing all the clutter in our lives, in our closets, etc., and giving those items away to others who truly need them. It's inspired me to do a major over-haul of my clothes. I plan to tackle this sometime in the next few weeks. Perhaps in a couple of weeks when I know I'll have more time.

I had this crazy dream early this morning that I was feeling sick in my dream. Then I woke up and felt like crap. Last week, it was a stomach bug. This week it's a nasty cold that has me feeling achy, with a sore throat. My mom was just commenting a couple of weeks ago on how I haven't been that sick this year. I was jinxed!

I kid, I kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment