Life's a journey, not a destination.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

How Did I Know?

C and I grew up in the same town. Although, I can't really remember him much before 6th grade. We ran cross country together in 7th grade, went to 2 semi-formals together in high school, and also dated briefly twice in high school. After high school, we started out at the same college, lived not far from each other, but our lives took us in other directions.

He was home for a couple of weeks in February 2009. He asked me to go to dinner with him, his best friend, and his wife for Valentine's Day. So we did. He picked me up, we met up with his best friend and his wife at their house. We played Wii- which was a lot of fun. It was my first Wii experience. :) We went to dinner, and it was wonderful. He went back to another state the next day.

I remember asking if I can see him. We laughed as he said I had to get over my fear of flying first. I'm a nervous flyer, by the way. I made a promise to him that I would come see him. A couple of months later, his mom and I drove down to Virginia Beach to see him. It was such a wonderful trip! I was still pretty hesitant- about what the future would hold, not really wanting to see what was in front of me. He flew back overseas in May, a day after we went to his cousin's wedding. We had a blast at the wedding.

I was sitting in church one Sunday morning. I was on the kneeler for that part of Mass. I looked up at the altar, and I instantly saw a vision of us standing up there, surrounded by our family and friends. I have never seen anything like that in my life. If I hadn't already been on my knees, I am certain I would have been after that.

He makes me so happy. I have told him before that I don't base my happiness solely on him, but that he adds into it. He was able to call yesterday morning and we got to talk for awhile. He makes me laugh, and I make him laugh. I'm talking the kind of laughter that comes from deep inside. We fit each other so well. In a week, we'll be in the 40's. I told him that yesterday morning, and he said, "What? I thought it was getting warmer there." To which I started laughing and I said, "No, no. Sorry, I should have said that we will have 40-some days left until you return." There was some confusion because it was almost 2 in the morning at that time for him.

I know it will happen somday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment