Life's a journey, not a destination.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

What? NOOOO!!!!

I have to post this quickly.

I always check the news, as in once every few hours. I just read that Hershey's is raising their wholesale prices 9.7%! They aren't sure if it will take place before Easter or not. But wow. I understand they are trying to make a profit in these tough times, but choco-holics like me are in a world of hurt. Granted, I gave up sweets for Lent, so this is helping me. But there are times, like almost everyone else, that I just need a little something.

Le sigh.

I actually knew this was coming. Back in December, I read an article that showed the top 10 things that were expected to go up in price during 2011. Chocolate was among them, as is coffee. How ironic that a little over 4 months ago this article was posted.

Also, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I was told months ago that in about 20 years there may be a chocolate shortage. NOOO! But it's because we consume so much chocolate these days. About a 100 years ago, it was a luxury to have chooclate. Now, it's nothing for us to get it.

Oh, chocolate. We had a good run, didn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment