Life's a journey, not a destination.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"It's like being on a boat...but never leaving land!"

I've been suffering from a cold since last Thursday or Friday. I really thought I was over it by Sunday. But it flared up again yesterday morning. I woke up at 5:45 yesterday morning, but decided to go back to sleep for a few minutes. I noticed when I rolled over, I felt funny.

My alarm went off at 6:15. I got out of bed and immediately had to hold onto a book case because my balance was that off. I didn't feel good at all. I was very tired, even though I got a lot of sleep the night before. But yesterday was a good day despite the scratchy throat, and being off balance. I got to give a presentation- and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm glad I was invited to give that presentation and that I got to do it. I had to cancel it a couple of weeks ago because I caught the stomach bug that was going around.

I came home last night, and all I wanted to do was go back to bed. I struggled to get through everything I wanted to finish before I went to bed. Finally, I finished around 8:30, and I was ready to call it a day. I woke up this morning at 5:44 (funny, right?) and went back to sleep until 6:15. Again, my balance was off. I noticed as I went about my morning that it didn't matter if I was sitting or standing, it would still occur. I have felt kind of "out of it" the last couple of days. It's like my math skills went out the window and I lost any kind of speaking skills at times- or so it seems.

For me, it is one of the worst feelings a body can experience. It's like being on a boat, but never leaving land. That is the best way I can describe it, if you have never experienced it. Sometimes nausea accompanies it, but it wasn't as often today. Since I'm still feeling under the weather, and I had the afternoon off, I did come home and take a nap.

I had my worst off-balance experience when I rolled over to fall asleep this afternoon. It was a huge wave of it, and then smaller waves occured. I just clutched the blanket and hoped it stopped soon. I took about a 2 hour nap. I woke up still exhausted, but feeling better than I had in a couple of days. I was able to finish my research for my current paper that is due on Friday, and even wrote the paper. It is now finished, and I am so excited that I finally got it done. That says a lot, considering I haven't had any motivation since I came down with this cold on Thursday or Friday.

Now I just need to start another paper for another class, which I should finish this weekend, and then start the next project for that class as well. Other than that, just recovering from this cold and taking it easy this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment