Life's a journey, not a destination.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Needed That Today

My friend, K, is having a baby.

Well, not at the moment, but is due in May. So today was her baby shower. I went with my sister and our other friend, C. On the way down, we were dancing and being silly, just talking about every day life. At one point, I had apparently said something, and then suddenly, I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. C said something, and again I began laughing a lot with tears in my eyes. We had such a great time at the shower, and I'm glad we got to sit down and just talk afterwards.

I really needed that today. I just needed to laugh and be surrounded by friends after Friday. I wish I had a crystal ball to see what was coming next. I hate to say it, but I have prepared myself for the worst. When I say "worst", I don't mean grieving. I just mean, expect the unexpected. I think about things that might happen, because anything is possible.

this blog is kind of turning into my updates on everything lately. It didn't start out that way, and I know I'll go back to posting other things soon. I'm boring, I know. :) I haven't even baked anything really good lately. Well, last weekend I made cherry cupcakes, but those didn't turn out like cupcakes. It was more like a muffin. My nephews still enjoyed them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment