Life's a journey, not a destination.

Monday, March 14, 2011

What A Difference

Just a few days ago, I gave up Facebook, sweets, and junk food for Lent. I did get on Facebook yesterday, and I did eat a cupcake as well yesterday. But I felt guilty doing both, like it was ingrained in my brain to not do those things. I had to make a long drive this morning, and I became hungry on the way back. Maybe before I would have stopped at a place to get a sandwich. Although that doesn't happen very often. But do you see how easy, how simple it is for me to do that?

Because I've been incorporating more fruits, veggies, more healthy sandwiches, more dairy in my life, I don't hardly notice not having sweets. And I am a choco-holic. Self-proclaimed. It's been almost 6 days since I have had any chocolate, and I am super-impressed. I can bake and not eat it, I've done it dozens of times before.

I'm not only doing this for Lent, but to break habits. I got to eat red velvet cake in the form of yogurt today, and it was so good. Just as good as red velvet cake.

Okay, now I'm going to go eat my orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment