Life's a journey, not a destination.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mardi Gras Care Package

This is the latest care package I sent off to C. Neither of us really celebrate it, but I found it appropriate after reading how Mardi Gras really got started. No, it had nothing to do with partying. It has to do with Catholicism. I painted the Mardi Gras colors (it's paint found in the craft section at Walmart), then I drew circles to represent the beads. The Fleur de Lis was the hardest thing for me to draw- but I did it all by hand. I printed off an image off the Internet (isn't technology amazing???) and then looked at it as I drew. They aren't perfect, but I liked them! In this care package, I baked two different types of cookies and packed-literally packed-the box full of cookies. He said it got there within 5 days!

Here is a more close shot up the Fleur de Lis.

I also got an image of a mask off the Internet. It's definitely not perfect, and semi-close to the actual image I was looking at, but I still liked it.

I always enjoy putting together care packages for C! I have always had a theme for when I do care packages. I've done a vacation themed one, Christmas themed, 3 Valentine's themed ones, an Easter theme, a birthday care package, one about a song titled, "I'm On A Boat" (it's because of what he does), 4th of July theme, and I can't remember what else. After this one I am getting ready to send out, I have no clue what I will put in 2 of the remaining 3. I'm not trying to spend a lot (I usually put things in there he can use as a stress-reliever), so maybe more baked goodies than anything.

I'm undecided if I'll continue it when he comes back. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Who knows? I could still do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment